Thursday, August 26, 2010

It must be Opened!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a problem, and I fully admit in having this problem. I can not for the life of me keep packaging closed. Remember when you were a kid, and someone just got you a new toy. You are super excited to open it and play with it!!! So you run to the car, cause sitting in a car somehow grants you permission to open the toy? That was me, time and time again, and I am pretty sure I never grew out of it. How do I know this? Oh! Let me tell you : ) Also, don’t worry. Once I got to the car, and attempted to open the toy my mom was sure to tell me “Wait until we are home!”

When I got home from work yesterday I noticed on the table a slip to pick up a package from the post office. I was informed “it must be your bead order” by my co-pilot. I was ecstatic! Probably more than words can describe. Bouncing up and down, scrambling to get my shoes back on, making sure I had my ID all while saying “I gotta go get the beads!! The beads!!!” I started to think of all the items which I would soon be able to get my hands on. Mwhahaha.

My partner in crime asked me if I was really going to go get the beads considering we were meeting up with his family for dinner plans shortly. Knowing full well of this, I said yes, and shot out the door. I did some serious speed walking, with a combination of running to get to the post office. I also warned him before my departure, that he may have to restrain me from bringing the beads to dinner….to oooo and aaawww at…

Standing in line, giddy and bead happy, I handed my paper to the post office worker, and waited eagerly as she went to the back to find the package. As she steps out from the back room, she carefully hands me a ….Avon box?! Awww man. Along side my regular 9-5 job, and The Living Room Studio, I also sell Avon, and I had completely forgot I would be picking up the orders this week.

So as mentioned, it is obvious that I am a little kid at Christmas when it comes to these things. But this goes for anything, not just “gift” items, and this was proven once again today. I went to Save-On in a quest to purchase munchies! As I left the store, the chip bag was opened and I began to consume them on the way home…

I am pretty sure I will never break out of this : )

No comments:

Post a Comment