Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Glamorous Ears

About a month ago, Crafty Bunny contacted numerous crafty-craftersons about placing a bead order on ArtBeads.com. If you love doing beadwork I highly recommend that you don’t go to this website, as it is very dangerous for your wallet. It will also impact what you eat for the rest of the month :P

Last week, I put some time aside to go through the numerous pages of beads (and you can bet I did go through each and every single one) to assemble my order. My first total came to $109…OUCH! But after much thought about each piece, and determining if I did have a project in mind, or I was just adding it because it was shinny, I managed to bring it down to $22! Quite impressive if I say so myself! This means I no longer have to survive on KD this month!


The Bead order is going in this week and YES I am super excited. I will be crafting ten new pairs, mostly with Swarovski crystals, some charms, pearls, and wood beads.

There is one I am particularly excited for but I will have to keep it a secret for now
J Our Facebook page (the Living Room Studio) showcases all the earrings we currently have for sale, so be sure to check it out! Once these new arrivals are crafted we will be updating Facebook with pictures of these pieces.



Until then (as I am not sure how long shipping will take) I pose a question to you about what earrings you love most? What style? What material? Small? Big? Simple? Complex? Myself I am a sucker for big, bold but simple jewelry, and wood is on the top of the list for materials. One of my favorite pairs are large wooden hoop earrings, to follow is a set of slim black wooden rectangles. My mom (aka earring guru) on the other hand loves abstract pieces, anything flashy and unusual she is sure to make the purchase!
Be sure to let us know what grabs you, and we may just have to craft something up inspired by you!

No comments:

Post a Comment