Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fighting Cookies

Yesterday was a late night and not an intentional one either. A group of us local crafty-craftersons came together to place a huge bead order allowing us to make the best use of the shipping fee. Our ordering Guru called me in a bundle of frustration after hours of attempting to submit the order. After changing browsers, deleting history and the whole shebang, still no luck.

I offered to help and jumped on the website, stat! I carefully added bead, after bead, after bead. We had assembled 5 pages worth…..and half way through I started to get pop up messages regarding my cookies, unfortunately they were not the edible kind. I went to the website’s FAQ page hoping to find more information, and sure enough they had a tutorial, yay!

Did you know, being up for 16hours, adding 5 pages of beads to a virtual shopping cart and spending multiple hours attempting to submit and confirm a bead order MAY affect one’s actions? I do, and I learnt the hard way *sigh* While doing the tutorial, I deleted my cookies and had to re-enter the order to my shopping cart…in the drawing below the dinosaur represents me, while the egg is completion of the order…sad thing is before I deleted my cookies I said “But if I do this it will delete my order….”

 Not to worry! Around midnight I was able to complete the order only to find out that I forgot to add two beads to the shopping cart. I then placed a second order, and phoned head office at 7:30am today to see if they can combine the orders. They were able to, thank goodness :)

Well I know how to go about this come winter when I place a second order. I will also no longer be submitting an order when my system is exhausted. Trial and error I suppose, but please everyone keep your fingers crossed that there is no more error.

No comments:

Post a Comment