Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010!

I’m alive! ALIVE!!! Mwhahaha! I was being held hostage at work, and work outside of work, with its side of work, accompanied by work. Oh yes! And my mom who is out visiting at the moment THE BOSS!

I have been trying to keep in the theme for Halloween for the month of October, as I usually don’t attend many Halloween events. This year, we changed that!

My first embrace of Halloween celebrations for me is always to decorate my house! This year though I kept it ‘low key’ cause I must admit that I have troubles with motivating myself to taking the decorations down when the time is ready. One year I had a Halloween/Christmas house…it was….different…and lasted until Valentine’s Day. *cough* Door hangers, window stickers, moving and light up figurines, candles with their fancy festive candle holders, center pieces, garlands…like I said, I kept it low key this year;) I know this, cause I jipped out on spider webs!


The second task was decorating my desk at work. Can you tell I like decorating? On my whiteboard I have attacked it with gel bats, cats and the text ‘Boo’. I will soon be making an addition of a gel pumpkin. To compliment this all, I have caution tape in front of me, in a ‘bloody’ font. Font…man, design has corrupted me….who says font?

THIRD! This is where I was really starting to get in the grove of zombies! Dragging my feet out of bed, making groggy noises, and blindly making my breakfast in the morning….*drool* As my mom is out visiting, it has been a lot of late night and early mornings.


Fourth. HALLOWEEN THEMED AQUARIUM! BOO-YA! That’s right! The Aquarium was bringing in the celebration as well with their theme ‘Spooky Seas’. There were employees everywhere dressed up as pirates interacting with the guests, and they did not fall short. Having their pirate names, stories, and even accents! They even got the beluga whale mascot dressed up as a pirate. The place was decorated accordingly and there was a special exhibit ‘Skulls, Teeth and Creeps of the Deep’ showcasing skulls of various marine creature. Killer Whale skull = HUGE! We also watched their 4D movie ‘The Curse of Skull Rock’. Unlike my mom and I, R-chard had never been to a 4D movie, so I am pretty sure he was shocked when water was splashed in our face for the first time.


Fifth! I like odd numbers…odd like myself! We took my mom to see the musical Sweeny Todd. I was really cozy, as there were only approximately 6 rows of seats that surrounded a stage on ground level. At first I was a bit worried on how the production would be as I had often been to big Broadway productions in large theatres. Well, you can’t judge a book by its cover, and that was proven with this performance! The acting was exquisite, and their singing made me pretty freaking jealous….haha. I would highly suggest you go….but sadly all the remaining shows are sold out!

Sixth! On Friday my work appeared to be just as festive as myself, and well I am giving them the two thumbs up for that call! Costumes, candy, movies, candy, food, candy…..and a pumpkin carving contest! Not having any idea on what to carve, I posted a request for ideas on our Facebook page. I was given a suggestion for a 3D pumpkin, and well I went with it. This pumpkin….has been a battle as I found it really difficult to carve deep enough through to light up the pumpkin. I ended up doing some research, and discovered a lot of people who make 3D pumpkins either light them up with a bunch of decorative lights inside or use foam pumpkins! I wish I knew how to cheat earlier.


Last night for Halloween, Richard and I took my mom to the airport as she was flying home again. We spend the evening on the floor painting our suggested Halloween Themed painting. With paint, canvases, and candy surrounding us, with horror movies playing in the background, we much enjoyed our relaxed spooky evening together. We have a few final touches but we should have the piece up soon! :)

How was your Halloween? What events did you get up to? I liked my super Halloween October, and I am hoping to continue it from now on, let us know if there are any MUST DO events we next to check out in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment