Monday, September 6, 2010

Go, go , go!

My goodness this weekend was action packed! *KAPOW* Well, really it was just busy and we were constantly on the go. All is well though as lots got done, and being productive is always a good feeling.

Saturday, a group of us ladies made our way to Button Button and Dressew. While I had no intentions to buy anything, I subconsciously knew that I would still find a way to leave each store with items. I managed to leave Button Button with only $18 damage which was impressive. At Dressew I was hoping to maybe find the fabric I needed for my Halloween costume, but no dice. I did however find some lovely pieces at prices I couldn’t pass up, which will be made into more yoga bags in the near future. There was also a couple of guys who came into Dressew and started Flash Dancing in their very vibrant spandex suits! The employees in the store had no idea how to react and just stood and watched with the customers. I was tempted to start dancing myself!

Beads and Buttons. Buttons and Beads. Once we arrived home from our crafting adventure, I began to assemble my pieces into earrings. I didn’t come up for air until mostly all were complete, and man did my fingers hurt. I still have to take photos of 9 more pairs, but the end is near. Sad thing is, as soon as this is posted I will be placing my second bead order…*sigh* Be sure to check out some of the completed earrings on ‘The Living Room Studio’ Facebook page. You can find them under the ‘Jewelry for Sale’ album and don’t hesitate to ‘Like’ your favorites! Keep checking in, as I will be posting some Fall and Halloween themed earrings in the next week
:)

An email was received on the weekend asking if we would like to participate in Sublime’s Christmas Artisan Market. With looking into Craft shows we could sign up for last minute, this worked out perfectly. We have now been brainstorming about different shelving ideas, and really cracking down on what we are choosing to sell at the shows. We were also contacted on Sunday to produce a High Res. Logo for a Restaurant which we will be completing over the next day.

Tackling commission pieces while prepping for art shows is a handful, but doing it along side a regular 40 work week is something else! Not to mention I start dance this month. My better half will definitely be taking on a good portion of the work himself this time around…I suppose that is why he truly is my better half :D

No comments:

Post a Comment