Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Technological Touch

Never, ever, did I think I would have  a job or career which heavily involved the use of computers. My family did not get a computer until I was the age of 13, which seems hard to believe when I see 5 year olds gaming this day and age. Sure we were blessed with the original Sega, Sega Genesis and N64, but a computer? Pft. Any school work which required it was done at school, at my Computer Savvy Uncle’s home, or at my best friend’s place.

Once we did get a computer, I began to live a life full of PC gaming (did I really just play 13 hours straight of Sims? Wait my summer is over? I swear I just started Playing Neverwinter Nights an hour ago…), MSN, and “Uh-Oh”…ICQ. Oh and….Neopets *Hangs head in shame*

While I have moved on from my excessive gaming and online chating, the online word has still engulfed most of my waking hours, just in a different way. These days…Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Cintqs make my knees weak! Having an education in Web Design, Graphic Design, Digital Animation and now a career in the Film and Game industry…

With that being said, why, OH WHY, have I been cursed with the technological computer touch of death!? Our main computer we used to do all of our digital art and personal use I managed to put in a 2.5 month coma when I installed SQL…I then infected our borrowed laptop with a army of virus’, but only shortly after I killed our Xbox 360’s Graphics Card after doing Insanity…but it is okay cause when I got to work I made one gaming console die…..right?! *sigh*

Tonight, is recovery night. My knight in shining armor was able to wake our computer from its long slumber, but sadly trying to transfer its files to a safe destination was another battle. I will be going through all of our files and folders to keep what is necessary and hopefully have better luck in transferring to a safe sanctuary. Not being able to do so, means…well we lose everything Stay tuned………

No comments:

Post a Comment